Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Bring on the cake!

Oh what a great day! I got a call from my doctor's office stating that I did NOT have gestational diabetes. What a great, great thing! I got a call from them last week stating that one of my levels wasn't quite right so I had to go yesterday and do another fasting/screen. This is not enjoyable for me. I'm limited to the food I'm allowed to have for this test. They want you to only eat certain things and to only have certain portions. In the whole pregnancy I have only gained 4 1/2 lbs. That's right 7 months prego and only 4 1/2 lbs. However after all this testing and what not I have lost a pound and a half so take it back...I've only gained 3 lbs this whole pregnancy. Up until these tests I did eat. And I ate well, I was full and everything was great. Then they starved me. Perhaps it was a reward from God for being generous the other day. Sunday I made "Kelly's Delicious Snack Treats" for the Doctor and her staff. I took them in on Monday and they were so excited. They loved them all. After my test however I did go in and sneak one with Nikki. She's one of the nurses. Love everyone at that practice! So now...we can have cake at both baby showers with out feeling guilty!

We leave for Indiana today!!! We were going to leave in the morning but I got an idea that it would be less traffic (I hope) today and that we wouldn't have to get up super early and feel rushed to make it in time for church tomorrow night at home. So I have a hair cut appointment (I'm soooooooooo looking forward to this) at 3 pm today and then when I get home we are out the door providing Nathan is showered and ready to launch stuff into the car! This is going to be a great trip! We have something to do basically every day we are there. 3 family Christmases, one birthday dinner for me, 2 baby showers for Avery and relaxation with friends and family. Super pumped!

Well I'm off to go and finish the last minute things before the 8 and a half hour drive home. If I'm lucky then we wont have to stop too much to go potty....this will only prepare Nathan for driving home with a newborn! That will for sure be a long, long trip!

No comments: