Monday, December 07, 2009

Ah the joys of sugar....

Well this morning marked the dreaded "glucose" test. I got to the doctor about 9 am and did what I was supposed to and had NOTHING to eat before. Only drank water. Well they called me back not too long and they gave me the "drink". It was orange flavored which I was looking forward to. There was another woman in there and as I was getting my info and I was asking questions I figured it wouldn't be so bad. She said it tasted like Sunkist...kinda. So I said ok well I'm by the trash can in case I yak. This got both of them laughing. So anyways, I drank it all and LOVE IT! Haha I know some people don't but I for sure did. It was basically Sunkist minus the carbonation. Even better...haha pure Sunkist! So I then went and waited for the hour wait. Luckily they went ahead and had me get weighed...(no weight gained, I'm guessing this is ok because I didn't get yelled at. Not bad going a month, and Thanksgiving and not gaining a pound!) So I then saw the doctor and all that jazz and when I finished up with that it was time for my hour to be up. The lady drew a thing of blood from my arm and then told me if I get a call back...I failed and have to take the 3 hour test...if I hear nothing, then I passed and happy being prego! PLEASE let me pass!

After I left the doctor I went to Hobby Lobby hoping for the Hounstooth material to be in...it wasn't :( Guess I get to make another call next Monday and hope they get it then!

No comments: