Finally I have peace and quiet! J/k...it's finally just now settled down!!! Nathan and I drove up to Indiana on the 22nd after he got off work. We did not get to Indiana until 1:30 am or so on the 23rd. I am glad we did drive up on Tuesday and not Wednesday like we originally planned. We were able to sleep in and spend more time with the fam. Wednesday mom, Kelly and myself all went out to do some last minute shopping. Poor Kelly was coming down with the crud and really didn't want to be out. I however was feeling great! Don't tell grandma but I didn't even wear a coat! I had a sweater on and boy did I sure get hot in and out of cars and all that jazz. We did go to a baby store and I told Kelly to park in the front. This was for expectant mothers. She's all worried and says, "Get out and try to look pregnant so we're not busted." Now duh. I'm 7 months pregnant Kelly! I don't have to milk it. We finished up shopping and went home and relaxed before church services. It was nice to see everyone again. Kelly has been seeing a guy and they came to mom and dad's after church services. They didn't leave until 2 am. Yeah I was suuuuper tired.
Christmas Eve we got to sleep in and then went to my aunt Susan and uncle Dave's for Christmas with Grandma. We went and had pizza and then back to the Coffey's for a gift card swap edition of Dirty Santa. I do love gift cards!
Christmas Day, well Maggiemas we again got to sleep in and then Kelly and James came over and we all opened presents. After that the Miller's came through on their way to Florida and stayed about an hour and then went on their way. Then right after the Ward's came over for the Christmas gift exchange. After they all left we just stayed in and watched the movie UP! I do love this movie!!
On the 26th we got up and went to have Christmas with mom's dad and family. Again good times and more gift exchanges! After we left their house mom and dad took all of us to The Cheesecake Factory for my birthday dinner. Sooo yummy! We then left and went for a surprise. This ended up being a family trip to the old movie theatre in Franklin and seeing Christmas Vacation on the big screen. I've never seen it on the big screen so that was for sure enjoyable!
On the 27th we went to church services and then after had a quick lunch and then it was time for baby shower #1! We got so many great things. I do thank everyone! However everyone kept saying I have to quit having "events". The day Nathan and I got married it flooded. The day of the shower it came a small blizzard. It snowed probably 3 inches over the day and everything was pretty and white! Good for us since Nathan and I never see snow!!!
One the 28th mom and I went out and made a few returns/purchases. Yay for gift cards! Nathan and dad had been working in the "studio" on and off to make a rocking chair for the nursery. Unfortunately it wasn't finished by the time we left but dad is going to finish it up. That night however we had baby shower #2! More great gifts!!! Nathan and dad were amazed when they came in and saw how many things we had. It seriously looked like baby land threw up on the living room.
Tuesday the 29th Nathan and I headed home. We didn't have any trouble getting home and no food poisoning this time!! And both trips were made with only 2 potty stops! Yay for me!! We went to Nathan's parents and had a bite to eat and got our gift from them. A new toaster oven. Oh how I do love this. I kept telling mom I felt like I had an Easy Bake Oven! It's great!
Wednesday the 30th mom and dad came down and brought the items we couldn't fit into our car. This was a BIG help. Again all the baby things looked like it threw up on our floor but it was finally all here.
Thursday New Year's Eve mom and I painted ALL DAY! We cleaned out Avery's room and painted multiple coats of paint on the walls. We had to wait til the next day to paint the final coats. Our last New Year's Eve with out kids and we were in bed technically before 12 here. We did see New Year's for Eastern time...but all 4 of us were in bed by 12 here. Though we weren't asleep and could hear all the fireworks/guns our neighbors shot off. Haha sad we didn't go out and party. Next year we'll have a little one with us!
New Year's Day mom and I got up and finished the painting! It is a little more red than we had originally thought...but it's growing on me and I like it. Once the bedding and all that gets in there I will for sure love it more! After we painted we went to Lowe's and got the white trim for the chair rail. Mom and I then painted it and left it to dry. Nathan and dad enjoyed football while mom and I sorted ALL the baby things. We had a great organization task ahead of us. Eventually dad and Nathan went to Avery's room and put together the crib. I LOOOOOOOOVE IT!!!!!! It looks sooo cute! I really can't wait now to see the bedding in there!!!! Nathan also had a pork butt on the smoker all day and we had that for dinner last night. Oh it was for sure yummy! I have a feeling this smoker will be used...A LOT!
Mom and dad left today and I have spent the morning uploading pictures and typing this up. It's so quiet in the house I don't know what to do! Only 2 or so weeks til mom and dad come back down for the baby shower from our church congregation here and then it will be a blink of an eye until Avery is here! Oh this hopefully will be a GREAT year!! Happy 2010 everyone!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Miss Maggie,
I have a gift for your little Avery, but I'm not sure how to get it there. I'm going to try to find you on Facebook. If not, I may have to rely on Miranda, which is not always the best plan.
Congrats again and again and again,
Miranda's mom
Post a Comment