Saturday, February 06, 2010

The fun just doesn't stop

Well a week ago...I guess last Wednesday I had felt great all day and then as I was chilling out before church....I had some major Braxton Hicks. Nathan was working the basketball game so I called the nurses line, told them what was going on and that I was feeling some major tightness pretty constant and they said for me to come on in. So Nathan had to come home from Tuscaloosa, (25 mins drive). When he came in I had the bag packed just in case they decided to keep me over night. He goes right to the tv and decided it was important to finish recording the rest of the Bama game. Really?? This is important now? So I think he's going to go and change his clothes and as I'm talking to him he takes his clothes and walked to the bathroom. HE WENT AND TOOK A SHOWER!!! Again...IS THIS REALLY IMPORTANT RIGHT NOW??!! So I told him he better be takin the worlds fastest shower, he did and then we left for Bham...haha Nathan made it there in just over an hour. This should take a small amount of time longer. I kept sayin you better not get pulled over and busted. This was followed up with, "YOU'RE PREGNANT! I don't think we'll be getting busted."

We got there about 9:20pm and they hooked me up and sure enough I was having contractions very regularly. The nurse also checked me and I was dilated to almost 2 which doesn't really mean anything. I can be at that phase for a good while. So they gave me a shot to stop contractions (luckily they didn't hurt at all...just really, REALLY hard tightening feeling). This is when they decided to keep me over night to make sure they stopped. I was 33 weeks and 6 days at this point. Well we were basically in a tiny little room, yes it did have a bathroom and tv, but Nathan was going to have to sit in a rocking chair all night. So I asked if we would be in a room and they said they didn't see a problem with that. So they moved me to a room and about an hour later they ended up giving me a second round of the shot. They also gave me two rounds of steroids just in case Avery does come early and her lungs can be better suited for her arrival. The nurses were so great. They didn't bother me at all unless I called them. Nathan got more sleep than I did, but what do you expect...I was having some minor issues all night!

We ended up going home around 10:45am the next day and they put me on a prescription that I have to take every 4 hours. This is an annoying factor. I set my alarm on my phone for 2am, 6am, 10am, 2pm, 6pm and 10pm. I'm good at remembering the day times...the 2am and 6am is a little harder to take. Don't get me wrong I'm already up and usually having to go to the bathroom, just now I have to remember to take a pill. I also usually fall back asleep with the water bottle still in my hand with the cap off. This will not be good when I end up dropping it and get wet. I'll for then be awake thinking my water broke! The doctor wants me to hopefully make it to 36 weeks...which would be Thursday. Hopefully I'll go longer than that. I'm still having contractions, but nothing like I had before. If I have more than 6 an hour I'm supposed to call the doc. I've had 3 at the most.

On the upside...this did motivate me to get the sized appropriate clothing, blankets, socks, burp cloths, towels and wash cloths all washed, dried and ready to go. Avery's diaper bag is ready to go...the "comin home" outfit is purchased and ready and I even have a small suit case packed for Nathan and myself. We put the clothing in there we knew we could "forfeit" for a while and this way we don't have to rush at the last minute. The only things we need to grab on the way out are phone charges, blow dryers and pillows. I'm telling ya I'm on it! Hopefully this little dear will stay in there a few more weeks, however I can tell she's dropped with in the last couple of days and I'm just praying I can make it. I go to the doctor every Monday now so we shall see what the future weeks hold! I was thinking I'd have a baby for St. Patrick's day...I just might get a tiny pink little Valentine!

No comments: