Sunday, September 27, 2009

Long, long day....

Well another great God given Sunday! I have to admit I did kind of dread this morning because the local water crew decided to shut off the water in Northport and church services were moved to 8 am instead of 9 am. Now we all know that I'm not great with waking up...neither is Nathan. So 6:15 am rolls around and I hit my snooze til 6:45 am and then finally get in the shower...yeap, curly hair day for me! So after I got ready Nathan got ready and we made it to services at 8 am...on time none the less! We had planned to go get "breakfast" with a few from church, little did we know basically all 300 some people from church basically had the same plan and we all went to IHOP! We finally got a table and ate with Jeremy and Brooke Pate and another girl, can't remember her last name, but D'Atra. I think I spelled that correct. Anyway talk about fun. I have really enjoyed getting to know Brooke and Jeremy. We can really relate and connect with them. Jeremy was telling D today about Nathan's orange shoes and rims. This really pleased her. Then Jer said..."The shoes even say Natedogg." We then get into a discussion on what will the baby's nickname be? If it's a girl her name will be Avery Claire. If it's a boy his name will be Eli James. Well Avery didn't fit with anything but Eli did. Jer has decided it should be spelled Eligh. Yeah say that like it's spelled...oh wait Brooke tried to. Best part of the morning! So then we figure that we can call if it's a him, E-dogg....it was then suggested it become E-pup since it will be a little dogg. Wow, my poor child!

After a great breakfast we came home and I had sugar overload from my pancakes so I passed out on the couch from 12-3pm. We then had some lunch and just continued to chill a bit before going back to services tonight. Jeremy preached a great lesson tonight about "What have we become". Enjoyed it very much. After services we went out with Brooke and Jeremy and the JR/SR kids and had Mexican. Nathan and I had two boys in our car, both 14 and they reminded me of the Ron's twin brothers in the Harry Potter movies. One of them called Nathan "sir" and I laughed and then the other said "ma'am" to me. I was like oh no! I said I'm a northerner...answer me "yeah". So one of them answered another question with "yes ma'am" and then quickly added..."I mean yeah!" Poor thing their folks have instilled in them these manners and I'm just rippin them away!

Well another day down and another week to look forward to. We have about 2 or so weeks until we find out what the baby is...I'm gettin excited! Will we be a little Avery or will we be little Eli???

No comments: