Monday, September 21, 2009

Secret is FINALLY out!

So the secret if FINALLY OUT!!!! I think this is by far the longest MAJOR secret Nathan and myself have kept in a LONG while! Get ready for a LOOOOOONG BLOG.

I found out right before the 4th of July weekend that I was again expecting. I had to wait however until the following Monday to go to the doctor! Even better my WHOLE family on mom's side came down for the 4th which was soooooo great! I loved having them all here and getting to see our home. Before they all came however I had taken about 3 tests and they were all a big fat +! So I went to Walmart with out telling Nathan and I went to look for something that said I love Daddy so I could tell him. I went to look around and found a bib. It was $2 and we all know how I'm super thrifty and all...so score one for me. I kept looking to see if I could find an outfit since it was after father's day and all. I wonder to the clearance rack and what do my eyes find? A green (Nathan's favorite color) onsie and on it says "Baby's 1st St. Patrick's Day" and it's a 0-3 months! Well I had already done the math and figured I'd be due before March 17 so I looked and it was $3 marked down to $1!! I went to the scanner to price check it and what do I see??? It comes up $0.50!!!! Talk about awesome! I purchase these and then get home with out him seeing. I made dinner and then went to sit with my plate on the couch. I waited for Nathan to come sit down and he went to move a blanket where he was going to sit...under the blanket was the outfit and the bib. He just took a double take and said..."Um...is this in indication???" I just laughed and said maybe. He smiled and got all happy.

Fast forward a secret 7 weeks later and we were finally able to tell our families. I wanted to keep it a secret because I wanted to surprise mom for her 5oth birthday which was also going to be a surprise party! So we decide to tell Nathan's folks before we go to Indy so they won't have to find out from anyone via Facebook. They came down for dinner and before we went to eat Nathan said to them that I had bought him a shirt but he didn't think it would fit. He gave them the onesie and they both read it, stared at it and then didn't get it. I said "this one actually stuck..." That's when it finally dawned on them. Again they were all excited.

Friday before Labor Day we get up at the crack of dawn and leave for Indy. Mind you we had a surprise party waiting on us at 6:30 pm Indiana time which is 5:30 pm Alabama time...this meant I was very limited on my potty stops! Eventually we made it up to Kelly's house before she did in just enough time to change our clothes, hang a few mins and get ready to leave to go to the party. We needed spare hands for pictures so we made sure to tell "Aunt Kelly" first....this and Kelly HATES surprises. (I do feel sorry for the guy who proposes...she's will be all kinds of mad if she's surprised!) So I had purchased a giant penguin for Kelly...

We made her close her eyes....
The terrified look she gave when she saw it...She thought for sure it was a dog....Then it's all ok...it's a penguin! But it has a note....
"For aunt Kelly's new house. This is my friend Patty. Keep him safe til I come and visit...."This is when I hear, "Are you pregnant??"

Ding ding...she is correct. So on to the dinner for mom. We definitely surprised her good! She figured we had my aunt and her family and grandma waiting at dinner....wrong again Sally! We had about 30 people waiting on her! This got her good. Fast forward to the end of dinner and present time!! I let mom open her gifts from everyone else and then we had her "Over the Hill" bag of loot. I had purchased her things like an eye glasses chain, multiple packs of note pads, pens, a 5x magnification mirror, a timer and at the bottom I had wrapped up a little something special...This is when mom says..."I could have used this tonight!!"

Mother thought the bib was for her...I always tell her she needs a bib. I had rolled it up inside out so she couldn't see the wording. Little did she know what it said and when she did she yelled, "WHAT?!"
Grandma holding up her new bib....

What is Big Dave doing in all this process???
Nathan is so great when it comes to letting people have their private moment...he totally snapped this in dad's face.

All in all it was a great night and mom was totally surprised.
Saturday I obviously needed to hit up some maternity clothing stores. Pam and Dan Miller had came down for the surprise and all the girls went shopping! I do love shopping with my Pammy!!! She got the baby a SUPER cute outfit and demanded pictures to follow when it will fit. I found a onesie that said Universally Cute and had a little cartoon alien and spaceship on it. (Nathan likes aliens...no idea why.) I of course had to get one for me since it said I hear mommy!

We went to the NHRA Drag Race on Labor Day and had a great time! I'm sure my first major outing with the baby being able to hear I ensured it could be deaf since it was so loud there. We got autographs, enjoyed all the surroundings and got to see Ashley Force win! As we went around and took pics Kelly and I snapped this one.
Then I hear Kelly say...."Don't forget the baby!"

All in all it was a great trip and we were sad to come home. I managed to get some kind of food poisoning on the way home. I wanted Fazolis and we stopped in Bowling Green, KY for lunch. No sooner did we eat I told Nathan I didn't feel well. The rest of the trip home I felt horrible. The next morning I woke up and the vomiting started. Everyone figured I was having morning sickness because they were all just finding out...haha too bad I'm already in the second trimester and this was FOR SURE not morning sickness. I went to the doctor on Sept 14 and everything was great! I heard the heartbeat again and it was louder and much faster than the last time! So weird to think that its making it's own little life right here in me! The part that really gets me is that I weigh much less now than before I was ever pregnant. Go figure I'm lighter in weight yet my pants will no longer zip or button! I have been really good and drinking tons of water, have had zero caffeine and eat lots of fruits and low sugar snack foods. I do eat all the time and this baby sure does love to make me hungry! It is it's father's child already! I go back to the doctor on October 13 and we'll find out what it is!! I am so excited!!! Nathan is dead set that it's a girl. I figure because of the family tradition it will be another Moore boy. We shall see!

Sunday I broke out one of my new maternity skirts. Now mind you if you are just seeing me in jeans and what not it's not that noticeable...the jeans hide it with shirts. Sunday I showed Nathan what my belly looks like in the skirt....REALLY noticeable in it...
Until I get motivated to write again....

4 comments:

Miranda said...

YAY!!! Nathan, Maggie and One Moore!! :) I am so happy for you and your family. Motherhood is a wonderful ride - will check in often to see your progress!

David & Mary said...

About this whole bib thing ... I might just have to buy us matching bibs! I need them just as much
;-) haha

Em said...

I love your baby bump :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, Maggie, I'm sooooo happy for you and your husband!!! I can tell you will be a fabulous mom...sounds like you have really good role models and support. I will keep you, your husband, and your baby bump in my prayers!

Miranda's mom