Monday, November 30, 2009

Lots and lots going on....

I realize it has been quite a while since my last post! Wasn't my intention, we've just been REALLY busy. Up until last week I was busy at work and so was Nathan. Nathan celebrated his 30th birthday on Nov. 19! Man I can't believe I'm married to someone who is 30!! (Mom uses this excuse a lot.) I had a cake made for him and had it for a surprise at one of the weekly devotionals we go to with people from church. He was so surprised!

The insides had a yellow and green marble effect. Thanks to Mrs. Ramona who made a delicious cake! We also went to dinner with his parents the next day to Olive Garden. I sure did make sure to let them know it was his birthday and there were about 6 people all standing around singing and what not. It was great.

Unfortunately last Monday wasn't so great. I knew something was up and there were a few complaints at work, but I figured they were minor. Come last Monday my boss basically called and told me not to come in. She said I could be fired or resign and she'd write me a LOVELY recommendation letter. Her way of not having me file for unemployment. Jokes on her...I did. It's unfortunate that I did get fired but in the long run that place was majorly stressing me out and I'm sure it's a sinking ship. It's not like it was when I started working there. So now I have time to finally start good on my schooling. I have 2 more packs to finish and I'm done! Hopefully I'll be able to find something so I can work when Avery is here!

Speaking of Avery....she is getting so big! My belly is getting bigger as well as the number of kicks/punches/flips you name it. She is a VERY active girl! It's amazing to see my stomach actually move up and down. Watching your shirt or a blanket covering you jump when there is a major kick just makes me smile. I can't wait to see what she looks like. Just the thought of having a little person in there makes all the bad go away. She along with Nathan are what make my world a better place. I thank God every day for both of them!

This past week was also Thanksgiving. Mom, dad and Kelly all came down on Wednesday and then left on Sunday afternoon. Thursday we got up and finally got around to starting our meal. We probably ate around 3 or so and then after a deliciously yummy meal we went to the movies and saw New Moon. Loved it! I know it's a movie that leads to another movie but it was still enjoyable. Nathan is convinced he's Jacob Black since he too is always hot blooded! We then went and scooped around Walmart. Yes Walmart is open on Turkey day! And it was DEAD in there. Seriously no one around. Friday mom, Kelly and I finally got up and hit a few stores here in town. No major shopping, but looking and minor purchases were done. Friday night we watched the Iron Bowl game and celebrated an Alabama perfect season! Now if only we'll be able to win against Florida! We then went and had some yummy Dreamland BBQ. Gotta love local joints. Saturday we got up and went to see Grandpa and Grandma's over in Vernon. No one has been there in a year. It was really sad to see how grown up the place had gotten. I know it upset dad, Nathan and I have been there since he has and we knew it would be bad. Before to long you won't be able to see the drive way. Anyway, we left there and then went to Tuscaloosa and had dinner at O'Charley's and went shopping around Midtown Village. Kelly wanted to go to Bama Fever and we found the cutest baby clothes! (I no longer have a baby Alabama hook up obviously.) She bought something but I don't know what it is. I had to leave the store. Now Nathan however knows what it is considering he was needed for the purchase since he gets 12% off anything. So I have to wait until the baby shower next month to see what it could be! I hate waiting!!! Sunday we went to church and had a church, eat, church kind of a day. It was nice for the folks to finally see where we attend and who are friends are.

Finally getting into a routine of job searching, schooling and baby growing! This is going to be a fast 14 1/2 weeks left! Next up...getting rooms arranged and making room for Miss Avery!

A few pictures from Thanksgiving weekend!

No comments: