Well yesterday was surely a day of excitement! Nathan and I both went to work for a few hours and then we came home and gathered ourselves and drove to Birmingham. Lucky me I had to drink a decent amount of water before the appointment so they could have a good look on the ultrasound. I do believe this means Nathan must drive like a she-bear lookin for her cubs. It was crazy and Birmingham road completely stink anyway so yeah he basically drove all kinds of nuts hitting those holes and bumps. Not great for someone with an extremely full bladder and a child goin to town on it thinking it's a pillow or soccer ball! Anyway, we get to the doctor's office and I am called back pretty soon after getting there. We go back into the ultrasound room and I told the girl I was not allowed to leave the office until we were able to tell what the baby was going to be. They just laughed...I don't think they know the wrath mother could bring upon me if I didn't have something to tell her. Anyway, the girl said she was going to do her measurements she needed to have recorded and then she'd show us the baby and everything. When she was scanning I asked if she had an idea of what it was. She said pretty sure but would have to check again to make sure. Well she finishes up her scan and then said ok now I'll show ya everything and hopefully this time she'll participate. Well I heard that loud and clear. I yelled, "SHE SAID SHE!" Nathan looked at me like what? The poor girl was like no I didn't say that, I don't think I said she. Haha I kept saying "NO SHE SAID SHE!!!" So as she was showing us the baby I said it's a girl isn't it!? And yeap sure enough there she was showing all her business to the camera! As Kelly said...we found the hamburger! So how exciting is that! We have a little girl waiting to come our way!!!!
I know Nathan was really excited. I know we both would have loved a boy....but we both REALLY wanted it to be a girl. So Miss Avery Claire Moore will be joining us come this March. However little Miss sure does have some looooooong legs! She's measuring early because her legs are so long. This will be payback for all the times I looked down to my mother. :) But that's ok, perhaps Avery won't have to get pants in the petite section like me!
After the ultrasound we had to go and see the doctor. The doctor however....called into a Labor. So we waited a good hour and then finally got to see her. However during this time I had posted on my Facebook the following status: Maggie Moore IS HAVING A ................! Wow did this ever make people all kinds of mad and feisty! Nathan and I had quite a good time laughing at all the comments people were leaving. Mom kept calling and leaving hilarious voicemails about how this "isn't funny"...."she doesn't like this". Eventually we did call her and let them know.
After the doctor and phone calls and texts and all that jazz we went to Babies R Us. I could live in this store! Even before I was pregnant I loved going into this store. We went and registered and Nathan went gun happy. He would see something and I might say eh just do one...he'd do 2. If I said um like 2...he'd do 3 or 4. But some of it we can for sure use. You can never have enough supplies when it comes to a baby! So if anyone is bored...you can find the registry under our name at www.babiesrus.com.
Well little Miss is kicking up a storm. She doesn't really like it when I am sitting hunched over at the computer. This takes up the room in her lovely condo. :)
Hopefully I will get her ultrasound pictures scanned and put up here soon!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm so excited for you!! Amelia hated when I'd sit hunched over too...must be a GIRL thing! :)
Post a Comment